23 Thoughts that Go through Your Head When Moving Into Your First Post Grad Apartment
1. I can’t believe I graduated a year ago. I can’t believe I’ve been living at home for AN ENTIRE YEAR.
2. Am I old? I’m old.
3. No, no, I’m young. So young. 23 is the infantile age of the adult world. I’m still cool. I’m hip.
4. Looking for an apartment was the bane of my existence.
5. But I love shopping for things for my room. IKEA is bae.
6. It’s not like I can afford nice furniture or anything #entrylevelsalaryprobs
7. My new room is 1/3 the size of my room at home *ignore*
8. Wait...so where’s the Laundromat? Whatever. It’s not like clean clothes are a necessity. Not for a month, anyway.
9. YAS payday! Oh, rent is due? Nevermind.
10. I’m going to be so poor.
11. Remember when high school me thought I’d be living in an awesome loft in Tribeca at 23?
12. I miss my car already. Welcome to subway life.
13. Torn between wanting to live in NYC and a two-acre mansion somewhere else that costs less than my Brooklyn rent.
14. OMG, I’m so excited to have roommates again. Hello, wine nights watching re-runs of The Office!
15. But I love living with my parents. I’m definitely going to miss seeing them most days. (And having dinner made for me. And having my laundry done. And the dishes.)
16. Can’t wait to cook for myself again! But Seamless will be on speed dial just in case.
17. Why aren’t my roommates my college roommates?
18. My new roommates are so awesome, can’t wait for all the ~memz~
19. Why does moving in feel like my parents are dropping me off for freshman year?
20. I take it back; IKEA is Satan. WHAT ARE THESE EXTRA PIECES FOR?!
21. I’m too exhausted just thinking about decorating.
22. Okay, new apartment! Here I am. Guess I’m one of those independent adults now.
23. I need a drink.
Feature photo: Joseph Gonzalez/ VIA Unsplash.